Vermilion's activities in France
- Work with respect for people, the environment and regulations.
- Extract, as long as possible and as efficiently as possible, hydrocarbon reserves for the benefit of France.
- Make every effort to contribute to the social, economic and sustainable development of the communities that welcome us.
Vermilion's activities in France are mainly based in the Aquitaine Basin and the Paris Basin. They are focused on the exploration, development and production of crude oil in a socially, environmentally responsible manner and regulations.
Vermilion's activities offer France benefits that include:
- Investment dynamics,
- Tax revenues,
- Privileged and unique access to the basement, and to the related skills,
- Underground expertise (key skills and know-how),
- Opportunities for innovation, conversion of its facilities and mining sites,
- Contribution to the country's energy security and energy transition,
- Development of societal and eco-responsible projects,
- Support and financing of local initiatives.
Vermilion in France in a few figures:
- Production: more than 1,400 m3 (8,000 barrels / day, 70% of national production), 0.5% of national consumption,
- More than 450 active wells (about 100 were drilled by Vermilion),
- 21 production concessions operated by Vermilion and 6 concessions in partnership with International Petroleum Corporation (IPC),
- 3 exploration permits,
- 1 crude oil storage tank (Nouvelle-Aquitaine),
- Nearly 500 direct and indirect jobs,
- Nearly 3,000 interventions on existing wells,
- More than 1,2 billion euros invested in France since 1997 (drilling, works, acquisitions),
- More than 240 million euros in municipal and departmental mining royalties (1997>2021).
(Unless otherwise noted, references on this website to "Vermilion", or "the Company", or "we", or "our" collectively refer herein to any or all of the people and operations associated with Vermilion Energy Inc. and/or its subsidiaries including its French subsidiary Vermilion Energy France REP SAS whose operations and activities are the focus of this website)